Thursday, May 19, 2011

Schools Out for Summer!

I can now say that I am a third year at Chico State! Now that I'm done with school, I just have one more thing to look forward to...Ocean City. :) Only about a week and a half left until I will be making my journey to the east coast for a ten week adventure. 
I thought my stress would be eliminated once I finished finals, but now packing is on my mind. How the heck am I supposed to pack for tens weeks?! I have considered taking my dresser and dumping all the contents into a suitcase and calling it good, but I think that is somewhat unreasonable. I will have to be very strategic on my packing. Luckily, I have my roommate (Katelyn Phillips) going as well, so whatever I forget to pack I'm sure she will have and be more than willing to allow me to borrow. Haha.
Nothing is keeping me away from Ocean City now. I have less than a week left working at my job in Chico and will have about a week to relax, spend time with my newest nephew, and get prepared in every way possible for Ocean City. As I just stated, I have a new addition to my family. My second nephew, Asher Steven Rollins, was born Monday (May 16) at 11:30 a.m. He is a 9 lbs. 8 oz., 21 1/2 inch hunk of cuteness. This has become the one thing that makes me very sad to be gone for all summer. I know he will only be three months by the time I get back and that he won't even know that I will be gone, but it still makes me sad to be missing out. I am going to insist that my sister skype with me as much as possible. I may be on the other side of the country...but I expect constant updates and to be able to see his growth over my ten week absence. Is that too much to ask? ;)
Whelp, that's about all that is going on right now. Schools out for summer and I can count the number of days until I leave for Ocean City on my fingers. Yippee!!



No comments:

Post a Comment